Skip to main content

589: Weetwood Ales | Eastgate

20190614_201253The Brewery: “Weetwood Ales began brewing in 1992 when finding a great pint of cask ale was a challenge. The brewery was founded by Adrian Slater, a skilled brewer, and Roger Langford, a farmer with space in a barn and a love for proper beer. Roger’s farm is in Weetwood Common, near Tarporley in Cheshire and the brewery took the name”

The Beer: “Brewed for the centenary of Chester’s Eastgate clock. A Champion beer of Cheshire, brewed exclusively with whole leaf Cascade hops for a fruity foretaste and distinctly hoppy flavour. Has a long sweet finish and a very large fan base.”

Ok, those who look as this blog regularly - both of you - will assume from the description that I wouldn’t enjoy this much, but in fact I did. Certainly there was a slightly sweet finish but it wasn’t too hoppy for my fussy palate. In the interests of thorough research I had a second which I’d put in the fridge at the same time. It was, understandably cooler but this didn’t impair the flavour at all. I was really quite refreshing. 4.2% A.B.V. Thanks to Sandra for procuring on my behalf and bringing to a recent caravanning meet up.

June 2019