Skip to main content

704: Timothy Taylor | Landlord Dark

The brewery: "Timothy Taylor’s is an independent, family-owned brewery founded in Keighley, Yorkshire in 1858 by Timothy Taylor. In addition to brewing a range of ales the Company also operates a modest pub estate of 19 outlets."

The beer: "Rich Yet Light Dark Ale. Landlord Dark originates from the multi award-winning Landlord Pale Ale but brewed with caramelised sugars to give a rich yet light and drinkable dark ale. This perfectly balanced mellow dark beer has body and depth. It has a fruity, toasted aroma with hints of chocolate, citrus and roasted malts on the tongue. A darker shade of pale!"

Although lighter than my favourite style of beer, Landlord has always been in my Top 5 so I was looking forward to trying this. To be honest it was a bit of an odd mix to my fussy unadventurous palate - I've always associated dark beers with a thick full bodiedness. Pleasant but didn't really hit the spot for me.

August 2021