Skip to main content

613: Lacons | Legacy

20190811_115309The Brewery: “Based in Great Yarmouth, Lacons Brewery is home to Lacons Encore, the award-winning amber beer. Our brewing team is passionate about using the finest ingredients to create amazing beers and our range includes bitter, pale ale, aged stout and a lager amongst others. Above all, we love beer and we want to make sure that when you buy a pint of Lacons you can see what all the fuss is about.”

The Beer: “Legacy, our flavoursome blonde beer offers deep flavours. The first thing that hits you is the predominant lemon and grapefruit aroma before a burst of lemon and lime floods the senses. A mellow finish leaves you wanting more.”

Had I read that description beforehand I may have tried something else. Regulars will know it’s not my thing at all. The heavy aroma had me suspicious and so it proved. Nothing wrong with - it just wasn’t for me. 4.4%. A.B.V. Related entries

Sailors Home, Kessingland, Suffolk. August 2018.