Skip to main content

567: Brewsmith | Brewsmith Bitter

The Brewery: “Established in 2014, Brewsmith is a family-run microbrewery based in Ramsbottom, Bury……We produce a range of cask, keg and bottle conditioned ales incorporating our favourite flavours and ingredients…….Our emphasis is on quality and attention to detail to produce a range of ales we are proud of.”

The Beer: Description: Moderate bitterness, pronounced floral and citrus aromas. Hops: Chinook, Savijnski Golding, Citra, Willamette.Malts: LC Maris Otter, Wheat Malt, Caramalt, Oats.”

I’m going to be generous and say that a strong coffee prior skewed my taste buds but as you may well guess from the description I didn’t enjoy this. Far too aromatic for me which I found quite off-putting sadly.

The York Tap, York Railway Station. March 2019