Skip to main content

Otter – Amber

WP_20151015_19_36_28_ProWhat they say: The special Cara malt and carefully selected hops in Amber deliver a finely balanced bitter flavour, with hints of tropical fruit and spice sometimes even an impression of ginger.

Well, it’s been a while hasn’t it? Although don’t think for a minute that I’ve gone without since my last post although for a while red wine replaced real ale as we trundled around France during our school summer holidays. And since we’ve been back – the end of August I’ve been less than adventurous sticking to the excellent Harvey’s Sussex Best on all too rare visits to a local hostelry.

This was – as regular followers might guess – a little too pale for me and served perhaps a little too cold, more suited I reckon to a warm summers night than a chilly October one. A good good crossover for the lager boys though. 4.0% A.B.V.

The Spanish Lady, Saltdean, East Sussex. October 2015